College Center » Financial Aid

Financial Aid


Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Seniors!!! Starting October 1, make sure you use this website when applying for financial aid
How to fill out the FAFSA
How to create a FSA ID

Cal Grant

Types of Cal Grants

What is a Cal Grant?

Cal Grants are funded by the State of California with a small portion of funding from the Federal Government through the Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Program (LEAP).
The awards do not have to be paid back. It’s FREE MONEY.

How to apply for a Cal Grant?

Step One:

Complete and submit the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA). The FAFSA form is a federal form that must be filed by any student who wants to be considered for college financial aid. For a Cal Grant, the FAFSA or Dream Act Application must be completed. 

Step Two:

File a verified grade point average (GPA) with the California Student Aid Commission by no later than March 2*.

LAUSD will automatically file the GPAs for students.

California DREAM Act

CADAA (California Dream Act Application):
How to complete CADAA